- Dipping net
- Sampling tray
- Prepare the sampling tray by putting some river/stream water into it and leave it on flat ground near the bank.
- Enter a safe and shallow area of the water. An area with pebbles and rocks is the most ideal to get the best out of your sample.
- Standing up right, put the net into the water so that the flow of water goes through the net.
- Loosen the sediment and rocks with your feet allowing it to flow into the net.
- Do this for 3 minutes, moving to different shallow spots in the water within that time.
- Empty the contents of your net into your sampling tray. Remove any large rocks or leaves after checking the surface of them for any wildlife.
- Carefully check and record all species that match the list on the App. Tick each one as found and press enter to get a River Health score.
- Record additional species in the River Wildlife tab.